Monday, May 2, 2011

A New Direction and a New Found Hobby

All my life my career goal was to be a teacher; as I grew the subject of what I taught changed (music, art, kindergarten, history, the fifth grade). Then in high school I discovered drama and since then my career goal was to be a drama teacher.
But I don't want to do that anymore. I feel like I've been in school for too long. I'm tired of homework and recently, tired of not being cast in any show. Now that may sound snotty but it's what kept me going before. I could handle loads of homework because I had the enjoyment of rehearsals and performances to balance it out. But without a show, I have extra time to be bored.
SO! I have decided to go on a completely different career path. I really enjoy doing make-up, and I know with a little more training & practice I can be doing it professionally for the stage and/or movies(and tv). Don't think I'm dropping out of school completely, I've also decided that once I save up more tuition money I'll just get a general theatre degree.

And about that new hobby: during Easter weekend I went with a couple friends to Sakura Con (a convention) dedicated to anime, manga, and pretty much anything Japanese culture. We also cosplayed, and seeing all the other con-goer's cosplay and wigs I realized knowing how to do that would not only be fun but VERY helpful to my new career choice. My sewing skills aren't that good but I'm already working on it AND I bought a wig and found to my pleasure I'm pretty good at styling! And I can't wait for next years convention!

I thought I might as well add an update on my current location. As I said before I have run out of tuition money, so I'm living with my parents looking for a job, at least I was, I caught bronchitis and haven't been doing anything. But I've been taking a load of gross medicine and WILL get better soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment