Sunday, October 28, 2012

"But now and then there are Saturdays. Big temporal tipping points when anythings Possible."

I was introduced to the t.v. show Doctor Who many years ago. But I never had the chance to watch as much as I wanted. Until now! With Netflix, I was able to watch Doctor Who beginning with the 9th Doctor. But because it is netflix, I haven't been able to the 7th season with Matt Smith-maybe someday! I don't know if I'd call myself a Whovian (the name givin' to fans), but I do own a t-shirt, a TARDIS phone case, and quote it occasionally. I'm a fan, but I'm not obsessed, I think? (By the way, the Title of this Post is a Doctor Who quote)

 What else is new? I'm still at that stupid daycare. And I hate it. BUT since school has started I told the boss lady that I wasn't available after 2.30. That way, I can go to the high school and help with the play production. Not only that, but cutting my hours has really helped my stress and happiness and sanity levels. Even though its less pay. Speakin' of the High School, the play is Get Smart and its based in the 1960s. SO, I got to be in charge of buying the wigs and designing the makeup for the actors. Tomorrow will be the first time with makeup, costumes, and wigs; I'm really nervous that stuff will go wrong, because its just going to be me doing it all.

 AND on the subject of makeup and costumes: Halloween is in three days! My "real" costume is a tough Lil Red Riding Hood:. I'm going to use my skillz and give myself a wolf scratch and some other wounds. But, that costumes too violent for work, so I'm going to wear something completely different. AND there's the church dance on Wednesday, I'm the DJ!

 And now, for the meat of this blog. last Saturday, there was a church activity an hour and a half away from where I live. It was an activity for us young single adults to meet other young single adults. Long story short, I met this guy. He was really attached to me, and it was nice. Well, we exchanged numbers to get to know each other better. He even came up this weekend. And I realized-this guy is not for me! He was waaay too touchy. I like being sweet just as much as the next girl, but rubbing my back ALL the time: cooking, brushing my teeth, it kinda drove me crazy. Not to mention through texts and in person I think he told me I was beautiful, amazing and/or a princess every other sentence. Ugh, so not my style. He was talking pretty serious, like marriage in the future serious. So I'm gonna have to call him tomorrow and tell him gently "Not a chance." Funny, I was talking to my mom & dad about him, and they agreed that he wasn't for me. And mom pointed out that I've gone through 4 different guys this year. All four had interest in me, but there wasn't a spark. I joked that they all had the problems. My standards aren't too high, I just know what I want/need. And those are my thoughts.

No comments:

Post a Comment